Full-Stack Developer for R&D Projects
The CVBLab group, led by Professor Valery Naranjo Ornedo, is an expert in the development and application of artificial-intelligence methodologies in different industrial sectors. A proven 20-year experience in signal, image, video and text processing endows the research group with a high capacity to generate predictive models using any type of data. In an era in which minimizing costs, increasing security and reducing the workload of specialists are a priority, solutions based on artificial intelligence are increasingly in demand. CVBLab proposes the most cutting-edge machine-learning techniques to solve a great variety of problems through huge amounts of data.
We are looking for people to join our R&D group, where we work on multidisciplinary research projects at regional, national and European level, designing and developing solutions based on artificial intelligence under topics such as:
- Supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised, transfer, weakly-supervised, self, reinforcement, active, multi-instance, few-shot, contrastive, generative & federated learning.
- Semantic and instance segmentation.
- Object detection, image & video understanding.
- Resolution of regression & classification problems.
- Super-resolution Image synthesis.
- Automatic interaction environment-agent.
- Natural language processing.
- Human behaviour analysis.
The main function of the open position will be the development of technological solutions for R&D projects, either as software application or as service. Currently at the R&D institute, innovation is emphasized, so we are looking for people who seek to face new technological challenges and who are enthusiastic when it comes to applying software technologies that go beyond the common pattern.
Required technical qualities/experience
We are looking for a person with the ability to implement demonstrators based on Web technologies embedding the results of our R&D projects. Specifically, the necessary requirements are:
- Knowledge in the development of REST APIs and Backend services in any of the following languages: Node.Js, Python, Ruby, Java or PHP.
- Practice in the design and implementation of SQL and / or NoSQL databases.
- HTML, CSS & BOOTSTRAP notions.
- Fluency in working with agile methodologies in projects with changing requirements and with code versioning processes. In our day to day we work assiduously with Github.
- Availability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally.
- B2 English level.
Additionally, we will also positively value:
- Have a MSc degree or postgraduate training in the field of any of the R&D areas previously
- Knowledge and application of good practices in Software Engineering: Clean code, design or architectural patterns and software quality (tests, TDD).
- Having used English as a language of communication and documentation in your daily life.
- Previous experience in R&D projects, national and / or international, within the framework of any of the R&D areas.
- Ability to prepare technical reports, presentations and adequately document both the deployment of the developed software and its APIs.
- Technologies in the devOps field: Docker, Linux-based web server management and Continuous Integration (Gitlab-CI, Sonar).
What we offer
- Immediate hiring
- Full-time working hours
- Dynamic and multidisciplinar team
- Flexible schedule
- Training in the latest techniques in the fields of artificial intelligence and cloud computing
- Access to exclusive hardware for training artificial-intelligence models, i.e. NVIDIA DGX A100.
How to work with us
- Send your CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
- Include supporting documentation of the merits claimed in your CV.
- In case of being pre-selected, we will contact you for an interview.
- We will communicate the results shortly.
Computer Vision and Behaviour Analysis Lab
i3B - Instituto de Investigación e Innovación en Bioingeniería
Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV)
Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación - Cubo Azul - Edif. 8B - Acceso N
Camino de Vera s/n, 46022 - Valencia (Spain)