1. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER FOR YOUR DATA?
The Data Controller is Universitat Politècnica de València, with registered office at Camino de Vera s/n , Valencia, holding C.I.F. (tax identification number) Q4618002B.
2. HOW HAVE WE OBTAINED YOUR DATA?
The data we process at CVBLab have been obtained from you by means of (i) the various forms which you complete while browsing our WEBSITE (e.g. registering as a user of the WEBSITE, contact forms, job vacancy and/or selection process forms, etc.) or (ii) email queries sent by you.
Furthermore, we hereby inform you that we may process data pertaining to you relative to social networks by means of the corporate profiles used by CVBLab on each social network it uses, within the terms and conditions established in each one.
3. WHAT TYPE OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
The data we process comprise the information which you have provided via the forms we use to formalise our contact with you and/or by email, as well as other information which, where applicable, we obtain via CVBLab’s corporate profiles on the social networks we use.
In particular, at CVBLab we process the following types of data, depending on how you use the WEBSITE:
- Identity and contact details (e.g. name, surnames, D.N.I. (national identity number), postal and email address, phone number, etc.).
- Codes and passwords identifying you as a registered user of the WEBSITE.
- Internet browsing data (e.g. IP address, visits to web pages, connections to wifi networks, etc.).
- Data on personal characteristics such as training, employment, etc. (in the case of applications/job offers and/or selection processes relative to CVBLab in which you participate voluntarily).
4. FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS?
Your data is processed for the following purposes:
• Managing and processing your user registration, when applicable, and your access to the content and services on the WEBSITE.
• Processing and managing requests for information, suggestions, complaints or the exercise of rights made via the WEBSITE or by email.
• Managing your subscription to our newsletter and sending the corresponding electronic communications, provided you have given your consent to receiving these.
• Managing your job application or registration for a job offer and your participation in the corresponding selection process.
The processing of your personal data by CVBLab, pursuant to applicable regulation, is based on the consent granted by you at the time of collecting the personal data provided voluntarily by you via the corresponding mechanisms on the WEBSITE.
We wish to remind you that you may withdraw your consent freely at any time, at no cost, under the terms indicated in section 7.
5. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
Except where CVBLab is legally required to share your data (e.g. with tax and judicial authorities and other public administrations), your data will not be shared with third parties.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
In general, your personal data shall be kept until such time as you withdraw your consent for the processing of your data or request its erasure, and for as long as necessary to meet CVBLab’s legal obligations.
In any case, CVBLab has internal data cleansing policies to control the length of time during which it holds personal data. Said data may be erased when it is no longer necessary and/or appropriate for its original purpose.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Current data protection law grants you a series of rights relative to your personal data. You may exercise these rights while your data are being processed. Your rights are as follows:
• Access to your data: you have the right to access your data to find out what personal data pertaining to you we hold.
• Request rectification or erasure of your data: under certain circumstances, you have the right to rectify inaccurate data pertaining to you which we hold or to request their erasure when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for their original purpose.
• Request restriction of processing of your data: under certain circumstances, you have the right to request restriction of processing of your data. In this case, we will only store your data for the purposes of exercising or defending complaints as set out in current data protection law.
• Portability of your data: under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data pertaining to you which you have provided to us. The data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format which can be shared with another data controller.
• Object to the processing of your data: under certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you have the right to object to the processing of your data. In this case, we will cease to process your data except where they must be held on compelling legal grounds or for exercising or defending complaints.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on the consent originally provided.
You may exercise your rights by writing to CVBLab at the address indicated in section1.
Lastly, you may submit a complaint to the competent control authority (in Spain, the Spanish Data Protection Agency), particularly where you are not satisfied with the exercise of your rights. You can contact the aforementioned authority via their website: www.agpd.es.
8. SECURITY MEASURES
CVBLab will at all times process your data in a strictly confidential manner and will uphold the mandatory duty of secrecy, pursuant to the provisions of the relevant data protection legislation. CVBLab will adopt the necessary technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security of your data and to avoid their alteration or loss, or unauthorised access to these, taking into account the state of the technology used, the nature of the data and the risks to which they are exposed.
9. COOKIES POLICY
You can access the CVBLab cookies policy via the following link.
Computer Vision and Behaviour Analysis Lab
i3B - Instituto de Investigación e Innovación en Bioingeniería
Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV)
Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación - Cubo Azul - Edif. 8B - Acceso N
Camino de Vera s/n, 46022 - Valencia (Spain)